Today, September 28, 2009 I feel I am finally ready to begin to face down my own feelings about my father. I want to do this because I have NEVER made any progress toward finding my own truth about who and how my father was in my life — either when I was a child or when I was an adult — by continuing to ‘try’ to be angry with him.
My truth today is that there’s a mystery here. I don’t KNOW my father. He is talked about in my mother’s letters. I even have access to letters that he wrote himself. I have a right to explore and examine my father — as much a right as I have to do this in regard to my mother.
These pages will reflect my efforts to find my father. I have nobody to answer to about him but myself. I am granting myself permission to do my own explorations, find my own ‘evidence’, search for my own understandings, come to my own conclusions — about my father. Nobody stops me but myself.
Homesteading: That’s me with the white round thing, Cindy, then Sharon to my right, John to my left, photo somewhat fire damaged, hence the reddish tinge.
This page has the following sub pages.
- *Photographs – My Father
- *My Father and All the Broken Vehicles
- *Link to post (093009) about my father’s missing ‘self’
- *Poem my father wrote to my mother
- *Link to October 21, 2009 Post About My Father
- *1959 September 11 – Dad’s note to Grandmother about $ troubles
- *1962 November – The 5th Year Moose Hunt
- *1963 – August – Dad’s Civil Engineer Work Promotion Form
- *My father’s first letter from Alaska June 11, 1957
- *1959 – April 3 – Father on tractor with kids on mountain road in snow
- *1961 Dad and Baby David (on changing table)
- *1963 – August 12 – Letter from Dad to Mother
- *1963 – August 19 – Letter From Dad to Mother – He’s in Alaska, we’re on way to Santa Fe, New Mexico
- *1963 – August 23 – Dad’s Letter to Mother
- *1963 – August 26 – Letter from Dad to Mother –
- *1963 – September 3 – Dad’s Letter to Mother While the Rest of Us Are In New Mexico
- *1963 – September 4 – Letter from dad to mother
- *1963 – September 6 – Dad’s Letter to Mother
- *1963 – September 8 — Dad’s Letter to Mother
- *1963 – October – trip back from Santa Fe – Dad at Grand Canyon
- *1968 or 1969 – Link to phograph of Dad adding wood ends onto Jamesway